Last updated: 7th May 2018
American Management Association Europe, S.A., doing business as Management Centre Europe (“MCE”) appreciates your interest in its services and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our website. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
Personal data collected during visits to our website are processed by us according to the Belgian law.
Personal data collected during visits to our website are processed by us according to the Belgian law.
We are American Management Association Europe, S.A., a limited liability company incorporated under Belgian law with registered office in 1170 Brussels, Chaussée de la Hulpe 166, and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0894.813.815, which does business as Management Centre Europe.
We are the data controller of the personal data that are processed in accordance with this policy.
Our contact details are:
Chaussée de la Hulpe 166
Contact: Customer Service Department
Phone: +32 (0) 2 543 21 20
Email: [email protected]
We may process personal data relating to you:
- if you are a customer or a supplier of ours;
- if you use our services;
- if you work for a customer or a supplier of ours or for someone who uses our services; or
- if you are someone (or you work for someone) to whom we want to advertise or market our goods or services. In this case, we might have obtained your details directly from you (for example, via our website or at a trade show or exhibition) or from another source (for example, social media).
We may process personal data relating to you that we have obtained from either you or someone else. The personal data relating to you that we process may include the types of information set out below.
We may process:
- information that we obtain when you use our website, including information about your visits to our sites, such as your Internet service provider, browser type, operating system, pages accessed on our sites and the date and time of access to optimize your user experience and enhance your time spent with us online. We also receive information telling us what site you came to our site from; and
- information that we obtain through our communications with you, including:
- information about you that you give us when you send us an email using any of our online forms, registrations forms, contract forms, and subscription forms, such as the contents of the email, your email address, and our replies; and
- information we obtain from you or the company you work for when you register and participate in a seminar, workshop, or event of ours.
The types of information you provide to us voluntarily, both from your browser and from transactions with MCE include, but are not limited to:
- Language preference;
- Name, address and business telephone numbers;
- Title (Mr, Mrs, Ms, Dr, etc.);
- Business email address;
- Passport number, nationality and country of residence
- Business-related information and preferences provided by Internet activity, survey responses and marketing efforts;
- Name of the company you work for; and
- Information from the use of products or services such as workshops and other MCE products and services.
We retain your name, and may retain other business-related information such as mailing address or business email address when appropriate. We may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information regarding your experience with our products and services. We may use the information to design offers customized to your interests.
If you have provided us with an email address, we may send you email messages related to your transactions with us. We may also send informational or promotional email messages to you, which you may opt out of receiving as described below.
We may process information about you for the following purposes:
- to handle any follow-up questions you may have and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- to enter into and perform contracts with you or the person or company you work for;
- to process workshop/seminar registrations and, in general, offer our products and services to you, including organising workshops and providing online assessment or assessment reports to you or the company you work for;
- to manage and administer our relationships with customers, suppliers, and other users of our products and services, including for invoicing purposes;
- to advertise and market and provide information about our workshops and, in general, our products and services. This can be via direct marketing communications (such as emails) or telephone calls. This can include making suggestions and recommendations about products and services that might interest you or the person that you work for, and it will be subject to the preferences you indicated to us, where relevant. If you are a customer or a staff member of a customer and you do not wish to receive any promotional messages from us, you have the right to object thereto, free of charge, whenever your personal data is collected and whenever we send you a promotional message. You will find below the information you need about exercising this right and related rights.
- to administer our website under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that its content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to keep our website and other systems safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we present to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising.
The legal basis on which we process your personal data is as follows:
- Whenever it is a requirement for us to obtain your prior consent to the data processing concerned in order for us to be allowed to do it, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned (see below for how to withdraw your consent at any time).
- Otherwise, we will process your personal data whenever the processing is necessary for these purposes:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person, provided that this will only be in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data (in most circumstances, it is when we process your personal data in regards to a relationship that we have with the person that you work for).
We process and store your data only within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) unless it is necessary to store it elsewhere for the purposes outlined above. Your data will not be transferred to or; stored at; a destination outside of the EEA that are not subject to or that does not have data protection or privacy laws that provide the same degree of protection.
If your personal data are transferred to entities located in countries that are not regarded as having the same level of data protection as that of the European Union, MCE will implement appropriate safeguards. You can obtain more information about this by sending an email to [email protected].
Your personal data may be accessed only if it is necessary for the purposes outlined above:
- within the company by the members of staff who need to obtain access to your personal data for the purposes outlined above;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries; and
- appropriate third parties including:
- our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for; and
- our auditors, legal advisors, and other professional advisors or service providers.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MCE, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Whenever your personal data are disclosed to third parties, it will only be to the extent necessary to perform your contract or for the purposes of our legitimate interests, and we will ensure that those third parties will process your personal data with the same level of privacy protection as that which we provide.
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
- the right to request access to your personal data at any time;
- the right to request that inaccurate, outdated, or no longer necessary information be corrected, erased, or restricted;
- in certain circumstances, the right to have your data erased, especially if the personal data concerned have been collected directly from you and that those personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it, the processing of the personal data concerned was based on your prior consent, and you have withdrawn such consent, or if you object to the processing of the personal data.
If we are processing personal data relating to you based on your prior consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You may object to the processing of your data at any time on condition that your objection is justified on your own grounds, and such justification is within the limits of applicable data protection regulations.
If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you challenge the processing of your personal data or the accuracy of your personal data, or if you do not want your personal data to be deleted, you may request that we restrict the processing of your personal data for the time necessary for us to verify the basis of your request.
You can exercise the rights described above by:
- sending an email to [email protected];
- completing the form available at this URL https://mce.eu/contact/; or
- sending us a letter to the address above in the section “who we are”.
Upon receipt of your request, we will answer you as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request with regard to your exercise of those rights, you may file a complaint with the data protection authority in the country where you have your habitual residence, your place of work, or where the alleged violation of your rights occurred.
We ask that you keep your information as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from mce.eu. Click here to contact us with updated information.
You can also request the removal of your personal data. To exercise these rights you can contact us by clicking here. Due to the requested removal, it is however possible that MCE cannot ensure the provision of (part of) its services.
MCE will use your personal data for the sole purpose of technical administration of the website, customer administration, product surveys and marketing, only to the extent necessary in each specific case.
We will only disclose your data to governmental authorities in cases where it is required by law. Our employees are obliged by us to respect the rules of confidentiality and code of conduct of MCE.
You may request to be removed from MCE’s informational and promotional email subscription lists or designate email preferences several ways:
- You can click here if you want to modify your subscription, email and contact preferences or if you have questions about removing your name from our subscription lists.
- You may call our Customer Service Centre at +32 (0) 2 543 21 20 if you have any questions about changing your contact preference or require assistance in removing your name from our subscription lists.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your hard drive at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still visit our website, however doing so may affect your use of some parts of MCE’s web services and reduce availability of the services provided by our website.
Different types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies.These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help MCE website remember what you chose on the previous page, thus avoiding having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
- Persistent Cookies.These are cookies which remain on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number), help us remember to gather information from forms that you fill in on our website and in case of multi-language sites, the language you selected. The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
On this website, we also use persistent cookies as Tracking Cookies which are used to provide meaningful site traffic reports about the usage of the website. We use two business partners to manage this tracking – Google Analytics (read more at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/index.html) and Pardot (read more at http://www.pardot.com/).
You can configure and/or delete cookies as you wish. For details on how you can do this, go to aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer, and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. But if you do this, you might have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website, and some services and functions might not work.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third-party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site. See below for details on how to use common types of browsers to disable cookies.
- Choose from the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- Choose from the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
Opera 6.0 and subsequent:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated: May 2018
Copyright AMA EUROPE SA. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on the AMA EUROPE SA website are all subject to Copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other websites. Some of the websites of AMA EUROPE SA also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers or the American Management Association (AMA) or other entities of the group.
The information available on or via the website is of a general nature and is only provided for a general use. This information is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances. No rights can be derived from the information.
Despite the fact that best efforts were made to draw up the content of the website with due care, it cannot be excluded that information is obsolete, incomplete or in any other way incorrect. AMA EUROPE SA cannot give any guarantees concerning the nature or the content of the information available on or via the website.
Should you notice errors in the information available on or via the website, please contact us at [email protected].
Your access to neither this Internet website, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to the Intellectual Property of AMA EUROPE SA.
No intellectual property rights regarding the website itself, part of the website or information available on or via the website are transferred to you.
The information that is made available to you on or via the website, can only be used for your own internal purposes. You shall not use the information or databases for any other purpose, especially for commercial exploitation.
AMA EUROPE SA makes every effort to prevent, as much as possible, interruptions due to technical errors. Nevertheless, AMA EUROPE SA cannot guarantee that the website will be completely free of any kind of interruption or will not be subject to other technical problems.
The website can contain links to other websites. AMA EUROPE SA does not monitor those websites and has no technical or content control on those websites. Therefore, AMA EUROPE SA cannot guarantee the completeness or the accuracy of the content, nor the availability of those websites.
The incorporation of links to other websites does not imply any connection, partnership, relationship or approval of those websites or their content.
Should you desire to create links from your website to this website, please contact us at [email protected] beforehand.
AMA EUROPE SA shall not be liable for any damages arising or resulting from any direct or indirect use of the website or of the information made available on or via the website. AMA EUROPE SA is not liable for damages resulting from potential interruptions of the website, caused by technical errors, even if the error is qualified as a “serious fault” under Belgian law, viruses or any other disturbing element, or the consultation or the use of the websites (e.g. via links) referred to on or via the website or the information available on the former.
AMA EUROPE is not liable for electronic communications via the website, e.g. e-mails, or delays, interceptions or manipulation by third parties of those communications.
Any use of the information available on or via the website is therefore completely at your own risk. Consequently, you are liable for any of your choices made based on the information available on or via the website.
You shall take all reasonable precautions to prevent your equipment from being harmed by viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, etc. AMA EUROPE SA does not guarantee any compatibility of your equipment with the files being part of or present on the website, or any accessibility of those elements.
This website and its use are subject to the Belgian law and regulations. Should any of the provision be considered void under the Belgian law and regulations or any mandatory regulations of another country that would apply the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. In case of any dispute regarding this website and its use only the Courts of Brussels, Belgium, are competent.