The current crisis is very challenging for everyone – in both our private and business lives. Many employees are working remotely and trying their best to adapt to the new realities and keep focussed. But, they need support.
They need new skills to cope with the new challenges, but they also need to develop a lot of fundamental business skills, as they multi-task and cover more business areas than ever before.
So what can and should we do to support our employees and teams?
- We shouldn’t leave them alone with no support. Many of them are working remotely and already feel quite isolated.
- Because it is a very difficult situation, many employees don’t want to ask for help or support. They think their company or organization probably has enough to worry about.
- In reality, we need to support them more than ever – this means giving them the rights skills to cope and thrive in the new reality.
- BUT it’s not just about managing a virtual team, people also need people management, project management, finance and communication skills etc.
Live Programmes with a Live Facilitator delivered Online for your company or organization – small groups (up to 20 people).
MCE’s “Live Online” Programmes, in partnership with AMA, are live, interactive, trainer-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible for your teams from their work or home offices. Live Online sessions use video conference technology which means facilitator and participants communicate over the internet using a USB Headset with microphone to speak and listen to each other during the sessions.
MCE supporting companies and organizations through the CoVid-19 Crisis.
Live Online Programmes available InCompany for only €5000
- To support companies and organizations through the CoVid-19 crisis, MCE is offering any Live Online Programme delivered for your company for only €5000
- This offer is valid for any Live Online Programme until September 1st 2020
- Valid for up to 20 participants
Keep developing your managers from their work or home offices
- no flights, no travel and no hotel costs
- practical, time-efficient sessions of 3 hours
- keep learning during the current crisis
- support your managers with their learning needs
Simple, User-Friendly Technology
- live, interactive, trainer-led courses
- user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC
- no complicated equipment required – a laptop with headphones and microphone are all that you need
A Real Online Learning Experience
- real learning with an experienced business facilitator
- interactive sessions with breakout rooms and group work
- more than 20 Live Online programmes
- small groups online (max. 20 people)
Discover more about MCE Live Online Programmes
The Difference between Live Online and Webinars
How do Live Online Programmes work?
- Virtual class room with all participants connected (live in real time)
- Each session is 3 hours long – most programmes are 3 or 4 sessions
- Work in small groups and breakout sessions to maximize learning
- Master new skills and learn “by doing”
- Get real-world advice from business practitioners in the field
- Receive live, personal feedback from your facilitator and peers
- Engage in a variety of activities that create a dynamic learning experience
- Connect on your computer or laptop from your home or office
- No special software required
20+ Live Online Programmes for your company or organization. Special Offer until 1st September, 2020. Click on any programme below, to download the full PDF for more information.
Project Management, Analytical Skills, Critical Thinking
Communication and Management Skills
Women in Business
Finance, Marketing, Virtual Training, Administrative Professionals
How many sessions are there? How long are the sessions?
Depending on the programme, participants attend 3 or 4 sessions which are scheduled in agreement with you and your company.
The sessions are 3 hours long, with a 15-minute coffee break.
Will participants get a certificate at the end of the programme?
After successful completion of the programme, participants are awarded an MCE Certificate. In order to qualify for this certificate, participants must register for and attend the programme using their individual log-in ID for the entire duration of the sessions. Speaking in the sessions via individual VoIP connection and participating in all of the chat, polling, and breakout exercises is required. Archived recordings or groups attending through one computer /connection do not qualify for the certificate.
What are MCE’s Live Online Programmes?
MCE’s “Live Online” Programmes, powered by AMA, are live, interactive, trainer-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from the office or home PC. Live online sessions use Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology which means facilitator and participants communicate over the internet using a USB Headset with microphone to speak and listen to each other during the sessions.
Who facilitates MCE’s Live Online Programmes?
MCE’s expert faculty who are all business professionals lead each programme. As well as our faculty’s experience in business, they are specially trained to present our high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
What do partipants do during the Live Online sessions?
During the Live Online sessions, participants interact with the facilitator and with other participants using voice (VoIP) and text-based chat, as well as a range of sophisticated, yet easy to use, audience participation tools such as polls, whiteboard, etc.
Throughout the programme, participants engage in discussions and experiential activities based on realistic workplace scenarios, including practical exercises and role play in breakouts, as well as individual and group debriefs.
During the breakout exercises, participants have a unique opportunity to discuss challenges and apply skills in concrete practical situations, while receiving significant feedback from others.
What are the technical requirements for my computer?
The sessions are delivered via an Internet Explorer browser session using VoIP software like Zoom or others. Internet Browser and other technical requirements are available by clicking here.
Why can’t participants join on a tablet or mobile phone?
Using a desktop or laptop computer is required in order to experience all the features and interactions during the programme. We strongly recommend against using tablets or mobile phones. Click here to check the technical requirements for your computer.
Can participants join on Wi-Fi?
We strongly recommend joining the sessions through a wired internet connection. Please note that Wi-Fi, Blue tooth and mobile wi-fi are all unstable and cause a deteriorated experience not only for the affected participant, but for the entire group as well, including audio drop, disconnection from the rooms and delays in the interaction.
Why do I need a headset?
An appropriate computer headset with built-in microphone is required in order to attend Live Online sessions. A headset with a microphone allows participants to hear and be heard comfortably. Connecting with the computer’s built-in audio may create echoes affecting the whole group experience, therefore we strongly recommend against it.
Your headset should have the following characteristics:
- USB connection, with plug-and-play capability (i.e., with the software driver included)
- A built-in microphone with noise-cancelling capabilities
- Clear digital stereo headphone audio
A good indication that a headset will perform well for our Live Online sessions is a “designed for videoconferencing” or “designed for Skype” label. An example of a headset which has been found to work well with our Live Online programmes is the Logitech h340.
Several colleagues are attending this programme at the same time, can they all join together from the same room/computer?
Because of the various interactions taking place during the session, it is important that each individual participant joins the session on a separate computer, and from a separate room. In order to provide the best possible experience for all participants, we also strongly recommend that participants sit in a quiet environment with no background noise (please try to avoid open space work areas).
What are the interactive features used during Live Online programmes?
Participants are able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the facilitator and other attendees. They can also share files, view the facilitator’s desktop, ask questions, tell the facilitator to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). They see what their facilitator is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and are able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online programme.
Security and Data Privacy
- Each participant uses a unique, system-generated Login ID via Internet email.
Join a Live Online Programme today
and keep developing your skills without leaving your desk!