Andreas Benkowitz brings fifteen years of international corporate experience with Microsoft and ten years of consultancy and training in a variety of industries. Andreas helps senior managers and their teams to initiate and implement required transformations. Throughout his career, Andreas specialised in the Management of Changes and Transformations, Communication and Engagement, Organisational Development, Culture Change, Leadership Development and Coaching. Agility, Human Resources, People Strategy, and Talent Management.
Andreas has specialised in the creation, design, development and implementation of a holistic HR strategy supporting the business strategy of the organisation.
Andreas developed his expertise in strategic HR through various HR leadership roles with Microsoft (1992-2006):
– As the Senior Director People and Organisation Capability with Microsoft International, Andreas was responsible for change management, talent management, high potential development, leadership, as well as the development of managers and employees outside the US. In this role, he led a global team of 35 professionals.
– As the Director People and Organisation Capability with Microsoft Europe, Middle East, Africa, Andreas was in charge of the organisational development (OD) activities in the EMEA region and led a team of professionals across EMEA.
– As the HR Manager with Microsoft Central Europe/Germany, Andreas managed all HR activities as his business unit grew from 800 to 1200 people.
– In 1996, as Management Development Consultant at Microsoft Corporation headquarters, he provided consultancy services in OD projects, conducted a strategy conference for several business units and implemented learning networks throughout the corporation.
– As the HR Development Manager with Microsoft Central Europe, his main responsibilities included providing training capabilities, leading the management and employee development efforts, coaching managers and employees in their professional career, implementing employee surveys as well as implementing and delivering OD programs.
– Andreas began as HR training specialist with Microsoft Central Europe, München, in 1992.
Education and qualifications
Andreas obtained his Diploma in Psychology with focus on Industrial Psychology from the Justus-Liebig University in 1990, Germany.
A German national, Andreas lives near Hamburg. He speaks German and fluent English.