Andreas Albrecht has over 25 years of senior management experience as controller and CFO for international companies. Andreas specialises in project management, business consultancy services as well as facilitating programmes on behalf of MCE.
Line Function Assignments (1986-2001):
Area Controller for Nixdorf Computer AG: Responsible for subsidiaries in Northern Europe
– Manager Finance & Admin for Nixdorf Malaysia: Set up finance department, introduced tools for IT project management and controlling. Developed KPIs and results-oriented bonus system.
– Senior Auditor for ABB Management Services GmbH: Member of an international team engaged in operational audits, consultancy, and best practice proliferation. Received training as TQM Assessor.
– Director Finance & IT of ELEK GmbH: The company was close to bankruptcy and key issue was to manage a turnaround. Implemented new ERP system for manufacturing, logistics and finance. Major re-engineering of key business processes. Initiated and followed through internal quality program.
– Participated as Area Controller in turnaround activities and manufacturing reorganization of Schindler China (5,000 empl. in two factories), trained and supported local CFO, introduced professional supply management, prepared first-time group consolidation of the company.
– Interim CFO for Schindler Lebanon: Set-up finance department. Hired and trained new CFO.
– Finance Director of Schindler Czech Republic: Managed set-up of European distribution center. Established Schindler Prague as competence center for Finance, IT and QM in Eastern Europe.
Assignments as independent contractor (2001-2009):
– Interim CFO for Schindler Turkey: Major re-engineering of key business and accounting processes in connection with implementation of Scala 5.1. Hired & trained new CFO.
– Project Manager for the integration of Schindler Russia in the Schindler group. Prepared direct sourcing and order processing. Managed the introduction of SAP and introduced Schindler tools and best demonstrated practice in all business areas.
– Minimax GmbH: Project Manager for design, development and implementation of a group-wide Management Information System, based on MIS / ALEA
– HT Troplast Group: Management Consultant for post-acquisition restructuring activities in Finance and Administration. Project Manager for the development and implementation of the group’s Management Information System, subsequently also of the group’s Sales Information System
– HC Starck GmbH: Project Manager for the development and the implementation of a monitoring system for net working capital as pilot for a comprehensive data warehouse solution.
Education and qualifications
Andreas studied Business Administration at the universities of Konstanz and Saarbrücken and obtained his MBA from die EAP – European School of Management (Paris – Oxford – Berlin) in 1986.
Andreas speaks six languages and conducts his workshops in English, German or French. Andreas has four children and lives in Switzerland.